Wooden furniture is rapidly gaining popularity, because our awareness of ecology, natural products and things with lasting value is only increasing.
Wooden furniture is usually chosen by those, who like naturalness, practicality and heavier style.
Solid wood furniture gives people a positive emotion, pleasantly predisposing the warmth and smell of natural wood.
Wooden furniture is extremely valuable due to its unique image and features; it can be transmitted from generation to generation. Furniture can serve for several hundred years. Even a hundred years old wooden furniture can be successfully restored and rebuilt for a second life. Therefore, in order to preserve furniture unique appearance and functionality, special attention should be paid to the wooden furniture maintenance.
Wood furniture maintenance:
• Do not keep wooden furniture in direct sunlight, as it may turn pale.
• Try to place wooden furniture as far away from radiators, air conditioners and air conditioners as possible – wooden furniture is damaged by temperature fluctuations.
• Solid wood furniture can dry up during the heating period, so it is advisable to moisturize the house’s air. With a humidity of less than 55%, there is a high risk of the furniture fracture. This is not the manufacturer’s, but improper operation’s fault.
• During the non-heating season, when air humidity rises above 70%, wooden furniture also attracts moisture from the environment, expands, moving parts can interfere with one another, or even, for example, a door, can be removed from the points of contact; therefore, the rooms should be drained (with heating or moisture collectors).
• If the furniture door or drawers do not fit properly, first check that the furniture is in the correct position – parallel to the floor. If not, adjust the furniture position according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Also, note that furniture can sag into a carpet – this may also occur due to improper drawer and door opening.
• Some plastic or rubber items contain materials that can damage the wooden furniture finish – spots may appear, so you should carefully choose their installation place or use soft cloths, linen and napkins.
• Change the location of things that are on the wooden furniture – even if the furniture turns pale, bright spots will not remain on it.
• Try to clean up the resulting dirt immediately. Water can leave light stains on the furniture, and perfumes, alcohol, aftershave and medicines – severely damage the finish.
• When cleaning the furniture, try to use good absorbent materials to minimize wear.
The biggest enemies of wooden furniture are sun, humidity, water, sudden changes in the air, high heat and high temperatures. To keep these furniture up to date, it’s not enough to keep them under constant care.
It is very important to find a good place for it – so it would not be close to the source of heat and windows. Heat from a radiator and the sun, penetrating from the window, can damage the furniture – it will split and change the color. The furniture, made from natural wood, is afraid of heat and water. Therefore, if water spills on it, it should be drained immediately. If a hot cup of coffee or tea is placed on it, special trays should be used
It is also important to know that wood is a natural product of nature:
• Over time, no matter what finishes are used, they may change their color.
• The wood color does not have the same shade or pattern, as each tree grows under different conditions.